Collect, Detect and Act
FlaskData is a cloud API platform to collect and monitor data in clinical trials.
The FlaskData platform provides mobile, desktop, and API services to collect clinical data. The Flask API can be integrated into any code that can call a RESTful API.
There are 3 main sub-systems in Flask - Collect, Detect, and Act.
Collect provides desktop, mobile, and RESTful Flask API services to collect data directly from patients, investigators, and connected medical devices. Collect includes the visual Flask Form designers. Form designers design eCRFs and publish them as eSource and ePRO desktop and native Android mobile apps.
Detect provides a capability to automate monitoring of clinical data quality, efficacy, and safety. Protocol deviations and missing patient data is detected uses rules and thresholds.
Act provides the capability to automate delivery of alerts to both patients and clinical operations teams. It is triggered when the detect metrics are over or under the set threshold.
Read more about the Flaskdata software architecture here: Flaskdata software architecture white paper
- What is Flask Data?
- Understand concepts
- Use basic functions
- Study – a clinical trial or research study
- Site – a hospital or clinic
- Study event – a visit of a study subject at a site during a study. A study event contains 1 or more eCRFs
- eCRF – electronic case report form.
- Item – a question on an eCRF
- EDC - Electronic Data Capture
User interface (UI)
- Web application that runs on your browser
- All modern browsers, including Chrome and Windows
- Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Basic UI after login
- Top level status info with Change Site/Study
- Top navigation bar
- Left side bar
- Plus(+)/minus(-) signs to expand/minimize content
- Navigation buttons – Submit, Back, etc…
Roles – who can do what?
|Flask Role||Customer Admin Role (2)||Study Role (3)||Site Role (4)|
- Top line always shows User Name and Role
- Currently logged-in user and role
- Click on here at any time to access and change your user profile, including changing your password.
Change password allows you to change your password when you want,
Just click on Change password option, a reset password email will send to you.
If you forgot your password, simply select forgot password,
and enter your email.
You will receive this confirmation message, prompting you to check your email.
Using the link provided in the email, enter your new password and login!
Customer Profile allows you to edit customer properities (by clicking on the pen in the top right corner of the Customer properties card). You are also able to add comments and entries into Customer MetaData. These entries will allow users to short cut get() commands in Forms, which allows for data extraction while keeping external data secured.
If you need support from us, click on this option, and a request support page will be opened.
Write your request and you can upload a file.
Please detail your request as much as possible.
Every effort will be made to get back to you soon.
- Login using your email and password or with your google account
- Logout – use the logout button
- Do not just close the browser, this will leave open sessions on the server and can potentially cause problems.
You can change your app language, by press on the language symbol.
Clicking on FlaskData logo opens the Study Dashboard page.